Oregon Department of Justice, Office of the Oregon Attorney General
February 2016 - Present (Portland, Oregon)
- Compose weekly press releases, press advisories, and other relevant media content aimed at informing the public of the Attorney General's efforts in serving the pubic good, as well as fulfilling the mission of the Oregon Department of Justice.
- Compile media lists and generate press coverage by pitching to various channels of the media on a regular basis.
- Generate monthly social media campaigns via Twitter with the goal of delivering compelling content to the public.
Independent Freelance Event Planner
#TBTatTaylors College Night (Hosted at Taylor's Bar & Grill)
September 2015 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Planned and promoted an event at a local bar aimed at bringing the University of Oregon community together and giving local businesses exposure towards the students community.
- Increased drink sales by 48.87% (based on the last four Thursdays prior) and generated over $9,900 in sales in one night.
- Facilitated four sponsorships/partnerships with four different businesses for the event.
- Attracted over 2,000 people to come to the event.
- Used Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and various outdoor advertising tactics to effectively promote and market the event to the community.
Public Relations Representative
September 2015 - February 2016 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Promoted Ethos Magazine by hosting four different events throughout the year with the goal of getting students and faculty more interested in the publication.
- Generated 12 partnerships with students organizations and local businesses throughout the year to help promote and run each event.
- Attracted a crowd of over 100 people to come to each event, boosting event attendance by 25 percent from the previous year.
Emerald Media Group
June 2015 - November 2015 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Used creative strategy to create long-term campaigns tailored towards clients' marketing goals/objectives and advertising budgets, which varied from $1,000 a year to $40,000 a year.
- Set up at least five meetings per week with decision makers of local businesses and consistently met sales goals of at least $10,000 in revenue each month.
- Prospected and managed over 10 different accounts and generated about $50,000 in revenue.
Journalism and Social Media Intern
April 2015 - June 2015 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Played a key role in developing and managing social media strategy via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by posting on each platform at least four times a week.
- Engaged athletes, coaches, and like-minded individuals via social media before, during and after events and generated 2,000 more followers on Instagram and Twitter within three months.
- Developing and implementing strategy of four Twitter Takeovers with NCAA and USA track and field athletes leading up to championship meets.
- Compiled athlete quotes in mixed zone, an area where the media is allowed to interview athletes after competition.
Public Relations Chairman
Beta Theta Pi
November 2014 - March 2015 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Maintained a strong, positive image of our chapter on campus and good relations with other houses on campus, as well as the community.
- Sent care packages and gifts to all other the Greek houses on campus each month and oversaw all social media accounts on a regular basis.
- Took initiative in crisis communication and risk management by reaching out and working with other executive boards in times of need.
Executive Director of Engagement
University of Oregon Student Alumni Association
September 2014 - June 2015 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Recruited and engaged more than 100 students in over 270 hours of volunteer work for SAA focused events.
- Coordinated six SAA spirit/tradition focused events while identifying ways for SAA members to stay involved.
- Maintained a beneficial relationship between students and our alumni and donors while serving as the face of the student body.
June 2014 – September 2014 (Portland, Oregon)
- Generated five long-term strategic marketing campaigns for five different clients within a three-month span.
- Planned and copyrighted weekly social media content in advance for five different clients, encompassing Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Implemented campaign strategy based around deadlines and marketing budgets varying from $5,000 to $40,000.
April 2014 – June 2014 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Lead a team of six people from the human resources department and was in charge of handing out roles and responsibilities to each member of the team.
- Targeted specific departments at the university to build relationships between the site and key referring staff members.
- Disseminated information about the site and the opportunities for internships to students around campus.
- Reached out to senior organizations that have qualified retired alumni and fans that could help out FishDuck.com on a part-time basis.
- Recruited four more interns to the human resources department and five writers to the editorial department.
The Pond Marketing Team (PK Park Student Section)
January 2014 – June 2014 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Worked with the marketing team as well as the creative team (Allen Hall Advertising) to facilitate an exciting and fun game day experience for students at University of Oregon baseball games.
- Job consisted of informing students about upcoming baseball games and special events through pre-game activities such as handing out flyers/materials and tabling at various places around campus. We also did a lot of game-day activities such as giveaways and social media contests.
- Increased student attendance at baseball games by 25% during the 2014 baseball season.
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity
January 2013 – June 2014 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Planned, promoted, and coordinated all philanthropy events for the year, which were designated to raise money for the Brian Reams Foundation which is a non-profit organization that provides underprivileged kids with the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities outside of school and also spreads awareness towards the potential risks associated with drunk-driving.
- Started a crowd funding campaign that generated over $1,200.
- Allocated nearly $8,000 within the year, the most the fraternity has raised in a decade.
- Attracted at least 200 people to come to each event and support our cause.
- Raised money for many different charities and non-profit organizations by raising money for all the fraternity and sorority philanthropies around campus.
April 2013 – September 2013
- Helped move people out of their homes and into their new places. This job taught me a lot about how to take initiative while working with a group of people, customer service, and how to lead a group of people.
- Promoted from an assistant position to a lead position within one month of working for the company.
- Managed groups of one to four people depending on the move and completed jobs that could take anywhere from two to twenty hours.
June 2013 – September 2013
- Planned and generated four drip marketing campaigns which required creating databases of potential realtors and buyers from a wide demographic.
- Created multimedia, brochures, flyers, newsletters, and was in charge of consistently updating the company website on a weekly basis.
- Attracted agents to join Summa Realty and advertised homes that were for sale to targeted clients and buyers.
- Beta Theta Pi Fraternity
- UO Entrepreneurship Network
- The Student Alumni Association
- Peter F. Greiner Leadership College
- IR Futures (Investor Relations)
- PRSSA - University of Oregon Chapter
- Lane Blood Center
- FOOD for Lane County
Areas of Focus
- Brand Development
- Media Relations
- Social Media Strategy
- Media Relations
- Campaign Strategy
- Community Outreach
University of Oregon
2012 – 2016 (Eugene, Oregon)
- Major: Public Relations (School of Journalism and Communication)
- Minor: Business Administration
Honors & Awards
- Awarded by University for dedication and outstanding service as a student leader during junior year.
Westview High School
2008 - 2012 (Portland, Oregon)
- Activities & Societies
-Varsity Football 2009-2012
-Varsity Track & Field 2010-2012
-Student Store Manager 2011-2012